Earth Day Failures:
- Driving 12 miles there and back for a 20 minute appointment
- Getting lost on the way (even with GPS), and driving an extra 3-4 miles
- Sending A in for ‘hot lunch’, which is served on disposable, coated paper plates.
- Sending A to school with Cheese-Its in a plastic zip-lock bag for his snack.
Earth Day Successes:
- Driving at/around the speed limit, with one eye on the fuel consumption meter. (Driving like a teenager versus driving like an old lady: 2.6mpg improvement for the old lady)
- Sending G in for lunch bunch with the Laptop Lunch box and all fresh foods.
- Walking to preschool and back to pick up G.
- Turning off all those lights and appliances that usually just get left on by accident.
- Shutting down my computer. Now.